UPDATE on line-up below!
The Talking Stick Festival has been calling community together for over 17 years. With a desire to appeal to Indigenous and non-Indigenous attendees alike, the multi-disciplinary Indigenous arts festival comes to us as a community stage presentation, closing out Verses Festival of Words 2018 with a showcase of artists who have performed on TSF stages throughout the years.
Hosted by Molly Billows.
Tawahum Justin Peter Bige
Please note: Olivia C. Davies is ill and won’t be performing
Doors 1:30 / Show 2 – 4:30 pm / Native Education College Fireside Lounge / $15 At Door or pay what you can. CASH only.
Admission to this event is included in your Festival Pass. Passholders get in free.
This event is a scent-reduced space. To assist us in our goal of increased access, please be aware of our attempt to reduce the impact of personal scented products (perfumes, scented oils, etc) in our festival spaces.
Accessibility Info for Native Education College:
- Classroom doors: 36″ wide but 34″ when open. Doorknobs: 40″ high.
- Washrooms are gendered but there is one gender neutral, single-use accessible washroom. (Note: Verses Festival will be re-signing washrooms for this event.)
- Accessible washroom:
- Entrance: 34″ wide, swinging inward, horizontal handle is 40″ high
- Total dimensions: 69″x87″.
- Sink height: 34″
- Distance from toilet to wall: 10″ on left, 43″ on right.
- Toilet height: 18″
- Round metal railing is 33″ high, approx. 18″ from toilet on a diagonal